Provenance Research:

Kulturstiftung Dessau Wörlitz (Dessau Wörlitz Cultural Foundation)

Albania
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belarus
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Cyprus
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Greece
Italy
Korea
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Netherlands
Norway
Paraguay
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Ukraine
Uruguay
Yugoslavia

Title
Kulturstiftung Dessau Wörlitz (Dessau Wörlitz Cultural Foundation)

Museum
Kulturstiftung Dessau Wörlitz (Dessau Wörlitz Cultural Foundation)

The Joachim-Ernst Foundation was created in 1918 and renamed the Dessau Wörlitz Cultural Foundation in July 1946. It manages the collections and grounds of four castles (Wörlitz, Mosigkau, Oranienbaum and Luisium) in the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt.

Research into Nazi-confiscated works of art in the Foundation's collections
No information is available

Research into works of art missing from the Foundation's collection
The Foundation suffered significant losses in the Second World War. In the post-war period, cultural property was removed by the Soviet army, amongst other agencies. Some of the collection was returned in the 1950s as part of the agreements between the Soviet Union and the German Democratic Republic (GDR). The Foundation has published an illustrated catalogue of paintings missing from the collection. Other volumes are to follow and will cover missing items from the collections of graphic arts, decorative arts and furniture.

Contact Information
Dr. Ingo Pfeifer, Curator
Kulturstiftung Dessau-Wörlitz
Schloss Großkühnau
06846 Dessau
Tel: +49 (0) 340 646 15 0
Fax: +49 (0) 340 646 15 10
Email: ksdw@ksdw.de
http://www.gartenreich.com

Source
Central Registry Archives,
Correspondence, 16 October 2002

Thomas Weiss (ed.), Verlustkatalog der Gemälde aus dem Besitz der Joachim-Ernst-Stiftung, Dessau : Kulturstiftung Dessau-Wörlitz, 2000, Kataloge und Schriften der Kulturstiftung Dessau-Wörlitz; Bd. 16

© website copyright Central Registry 2018