Commissions:

Mixed Commission of Slovenia

Albania
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belarus
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Cyprus
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Greece
Italy
Korea
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Netherlands
Norway
Paraguay
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Ukraine
Uruguay
Yugoslavia

Title

Mixed Commission of Slovenia

Date
Established in 1961 by decree of the Protocol of 1958

Description
The Mixed Commission convened ten times. Panels of experts dealt with individual groups of questions and investigated and prepared materials. The experts were divided into six groups:

1. Claims against the Vienna-based Central State Archives
2. Claims against the Styria Provincial Archives
3. Claims against the Carinthian and Tirolean Provincial Archives
4. Claims against museums based in Austria
5. Austria's claims against Yugoslavia
6. Restitution of items and archives removed in the period from 1941-1945

During negotiations between 1975-1990, Austria restituted all material taken during World War II which could be found and most of the original material in accordance with the Archive Agreement. Eleven deliveries of archival material were made (encompassing 3453 documents from the twelfth to eighteenth centuries, including, among other documents, seven hundred documents of the Celje counts, approximately fifty manuscripts, material from the Vienna imperial-royal ministries, nineteenth century Cadastre material from the reign of Emperor Joseph for Carinthia and Styria, mining maps of Slovenian mines). Microfilm and photocopies of material were also delivered.

According to Central Registry correspondence, Slovenia will continue to claim the already-agreed delivery of photocopies of the material kept at the Austrian State Archive from Austria within the framework of the pragmatic resolution of the archival issue.

Source
Official correspondence from the Slovenian Ministry of Culture (via the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in London). Central Registry Archives, 16 April, 2002.

© website copyright Central Registry 2018