Presentations of the official delegation of the United Kingdom at the Washington Conference, 1998
The United Kingdom sent an official delegation to the Washington Conference on Holocaust-Era Assets held 30 November-3 December 1998 in Washington D.C.
The list of delegation members is available online here, p. 58.
- Message from Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary, ‘Opening statements’, p. 35.
- Mr. Anthony Layden, Head, Western European Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, ‘The International Fund for Needy Victims of Nazi Persecution’, p. 67.
- Mr. Richard Bevins, Historian, Library and Records Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, ‘Britain and the Restitution of Art Looted from Occupied Countries during the Second World War’, p. 65.
- Ms. Sharon Page, Tate Gallery, Chair of Working Group on Nazi Spoliation of Art, National Museums and Galleries’ Directors Donference, ‘UK National Museums and Galleries Statement’, p. 131.
- Mrs. Gill Bennett, Chief Historian, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, ‘British and Allied Restitution Policy during and after the Second World War’, p. 3.
All forty-four countries present at the Washington Conference endorsed the Washington Conference Principles on Nazi-Confiscated Art.
Proceedings of the Washington Conference on Holocaust-Era Assets, November 30-December 3 1998, Washington: Government Printing Office 1999.
Also available online at http://fcit.usf.edu/holocaust/resource/assets/index.HTM, accessed 1 April 2014.